A new mother can have umpteen number of questions. She might be wondering how her life is going to change. She might also be wondering how to care for a cute little human being completely dependent on her. Things Nobody Tells a New Expectant Mother – Part 2 addresses some of the aspects a new mother would face. Please feel free to add more of your experience in the comments below. The following are few things a first-time mother can find useful to be better prepared.
- Change is the only things that’s constant
- Your bag will be bigger
- You will be obsessed with your baby’s poop
- There is much more than just dressing up your baby in cute clothes and bunny caps
- 24 hours or a village doesn’t seem to be enough
1. Change is the only things that’s constant: We are not trying to be philosophical, but this saying applies more to a new mother than anybody else. One day, you are trying to fix one problem and the next day, a new problem might crop up. One day, it might be all cuddles, smiles and sweet coos. But, the other day it might be cries, crankiness and sleeplessness. So, be prepared and take it one day at a time.
2. Your bag will be bigger: You would be packing like you are going on a vacation even when you are going for a two-hour drive with your baby! Don’t even ask us how much you will have to pack when you are going on a vacation with your baby. The thing that you thought you may not need, might become the most-wanted-item during the short trip. You might forget a thing or two every time you pack. Blame it on your mommy brain, just don’t beat yourself up and relax the drive.
3. You will be obsessed with your baby’s poop: Your baby’s poop specifics would become a big topic for your Google research. It might also be a common topic for discussion among family members. Also, whenever baby poops there will be relief more than any other feeling. Please check with your baby’s doctor rather than going by Google search if you are really concerned.
4. There is much more than just dressing up your baby in cute clothes and bunny caps: We are a new-born baby clothing brand and love to dress up a new-born baby nice and cute. But, the reality for a mother is far from just cute clothes and bunny caps. Sorry to break the news, but there is an insane amount of other stuff to concentrate with a baby. Just don’t let that make you forget to enjoy the little things though.
5. 24 hours or a village does not seem to be enough: We have all heard that it takes a village to raise a baby. It is true, but for those of you with little or no support system, the struggle is real. We understand that it’s difficult, so plan, prioritize, simplify and delegate tasks whenever and wherever possible.
We wish and hope you have all the strength to pass the postpartum period with a dash of humor and loads of love.
– Little Sudhams Team
*Pregnancy Photo by Pavel Danilyuk: https://www.pexels.com/photo/an-expectant-mother-rubbing-her-pregnant-belly-7055939/